By A. Spice
Today, I am going to provide you with the TOP 5 Tips for travelling to Cuba.
Personally, I have travelled to Cuba 5 times. Yes, these vacations where located on the beach at all-inclusive resorts. For my next trip to Cuba I will be visiting rural areas. A step away from the fun in the sun aspect of Cuba. I hope I will be able to open your eyes to a side of Cuba many of us have not seen. Therefore, through my experience here are my top 5 tips I want to share with you all. These tips apply for any travel outside of Canada.
- Let your family know where you are travelling to. Provide them with the contact information, such as, address, phone number, area.
- Take a photocopy of your passport and leave it with your emergency contact while traveling. It is not uncommon for travelers to lose or misplace their passport. Having a copy will help you facilitate the issuance of a new one with a Canadian Consulate abroad.
- Stay hydrated. Bring a insulated reusable and refillable bottle. Yes, in Cuba you will be drinking bottled water but having an insulated bottle will help to keep it cool longer, while in the sun.
- Medications and over the counter medications. Whenever you are travelling ensure you bring any needed prescribed medication in its original bottle. I suggest travellers bring Tylenol, Advil and/or Immodium.
- Have a open mind. Be mindful. Different culture therefore people will act and behave differently. Embrace these differences and share how Canada differs to their ways. Have fun!